Well today DJI is announced a new, smaller selfie class drone the colorful DJI Spark ,. The new DJI Spark drone unveiled at the official May 24th 2017 DJI announcement event in NYC has the following features….
- Class: Selfie drone
- Flight time: 16 minutes
- Speed: up to 31mph
- Battery: Swappable, Micro USB chargeable
- Camera: 1/2.3″ sensor ., 12mpx, 1080/30fps
- Gimbal: Mechanical gimbal
- Control Range: 1.24 miles (With controller)
- Estimated cost: $499
- Colors: blue, red, green,white
Main Spark Features :
- Palm launched , near immediate takeoff time , reduced just press power button twice and release.
- Enhanced gesture control for within 10 foot , wifi control for about 100 feett and 1.24 mile via controller
- Quick shots -now intelligent camera movements for about a minute with auto -editing
Quick shot types (inteliigent flight modes) Rocket, Dronnie , Circle (auto orbit), Helix (orbit with sprial)
- DJI 4 App, provides enhanced auto-video editing capabilities.
Overall this drone is positioned to fit in the new class of selfie drones. It’s slated to be positioned below the he Mavic PRo and Phantom lines, which are larger drones focused on higher quality photography and video.
This new DJI drone class (selfie drone) will compete directly with the ZeroTech Dobbie Pocket Drone and Yuneec Breeze , but it excels in that it has a 2-axis Gimbal stabilized camera (The other do not), better camera, plus many of smart DJI’s intelligent flight modes found in DJI Mavic and Phantom series. Again DJI has out-classed everyone else.
Price and Availability:
DJI has priced the DJI Spark drone at $499 (and a Fly more combo for $699), and US Availability is mid-June (shipping) , as before you can place your Spark pre-orders today on DJI’s site ..