Favorite Blogs & Links
Below are some of the blogs and sites that I follow on a variety of topics, if you have any suggestions feel free to leave a note.
Computers , Programming and Technology
- Coding Horror: A Blog by Jeff Atwood (Jeff Atwood is an American software developer, author, blogger, and entrepreneur) has many insightful views on technology and stuff, Jeff and I also share the same feeling on our favorite programming book thus the name of his blog.
- WebAppers and WeResourceDepot: Two similar sites highlighting latest in HTML5 , CSS and Jquery tech.
- TheVerge.com: Josh, Neli and company provide the latest updates on technology industry and gadgets.
- Twit.tv : Leo Laporte and gang dish out the lastest dish on technology and gadgets. Excellent source of podcasts
- Floss Weekly: One of the many shows on the Twit.tv network. This one features popular open source projects.
- Lifehacker.com: Great site, mostly a technology bent, but provides a lot of other insight into
- Ask Monty: MariaDB and founder or MySQL blog.
- Tom Werner: open source and such
- igvita: Google developer with interesting views and ideas.
- Highly Scalable Blog: a discussion on scalability through a variety of technologies.
Sports & Hobbies
- DC Rainmaker: Fellow triathlete and runner, who has the best most in-depth product reviews on sports technology.
- Ben Greenfield Fitness : Pro Triathlete and coach with lots of knowledge on sports performance and nutrition.
- Swim Smooth: Best website on freestyle swimming , plenty of suggestions on improving technique and performance for all levels of swimmers.
- TriFind.com : Where I find out about races and events in the area.
- Ironman Triathlon Youtube: Check out their Full Circle videos very inspirational
- KenRockwell Best photography site for camera gear reviews and techniques no nonsense discussion on photography topics.
Family & Friends
- Chef Mommy: My sister’s blog about cooking and where I get in-direct updates about my nieces and nephews.
- complete list coming soon