Here’s my Treasure Island Sprint Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquabike, & Kayak Triathlon 2023. video recap. This is a great beginner friendly event, that offers lots of options, one of the few triathlon’s in the country that offer a kayak leg in addition to the normal swim leg. The Race was cancelled last year as a hurricane rolled in through town on the scheduled weekend in 2022, but luckily for us in 2023 we had excellent (albiet a bit chilly) weather.
I. was back racing against my brother, wo beat me soundly a few months back at the Staten Island Triahtlon, so I was hoping for a good performance. The swim is along the river bank and it felt easy and gave me the advantage I needed to distance myself from my brother.
The Bike leg is 4 laps of about 2.7 miles , and its closed to traffic but does get pretty busy with all the athletes riding and running.. plus its a bit of bumpy road so I spent more time than I wanted out of the aero bars. Coming off the bike I felt decent and plodded my way, before my brother passed me near the two mile mark. From there it was a quick run to the finish.
My performance was better I think mostly thanks to the cooler temps, it helps my run a lot.. Afterwards Paul and Christine we went for a bikr ride up to Belmar and back..
- Location: Riverfront Park, Pt Pleasant, NJ.
- Calendar : typically held first weekend in October
- Event Type: Triathlon
- Swim: 400 yds, river swim , in-water beach start
- Bike: 10.6 miles, 4 loops around closed off streets, road surface is a bit rough
- Run 2.7 miles () , mostly flat, same loop as bike
- Race Website DQ Events. .https://www.dqevents.com/